Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Decoration - Looking Back!

This would be our first Christmas here in Singapore! There is already a lot of Christmas decoration in the city. Huge Christmas tress, wreaths and lights! It would be fun to see how it is celebrated in this side of the world!
As for me there are no decoration boxes in garage or under the bed, the boxes I had back in India are packed and stuffed in storage and the stuff we had in US we donated almost all of it when we moved, except for a few pieces that I had collected with a lot of sentiments (but they too are now lying locked in storage!)

I was just going through the pics from last years, 

Here are a few from our house in India...


I Embroidered those Cushions...






Dressed-up the Soft Toys!
 DIY Star...
 Candle Corner...

Dallas Apartment 2011...


DIY Twig Wreath...


We got these personalized Stockings from Walmart for FREE!!!...


New Home Dallas 2012...
This was the time when we were packing up, so no time for decoration! We had brought a big 8ft Christmas tree as it we had moved into our new house that year, but we just gave away all our Christmas stuff.

Me and my hubby just enjoyed our first ever White Christmas!...

Snow in our Backyard!...


 I made a tiny Snowman!

Cardinals... 


So this year I am planning to have a totally DIY Christmas by using the craft materials that I already have, I have started on a few projects, will share it all in the coming days! 
It is so much fun buying Christmas decor, but I am NOT buying and collecting any stuff this year (and for the coming ones until we plan to settle down at our ultimate Dream Home!) 
For now I am enjoying travelling to new place and having great experiences!

11 comments:

  1. I live close to Dallas -- it's always fun when it snows here, even if it's only a little bit! Cute little snowman! Celebrating Christmas in another country will be exciting -- and making your own decorations will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky to see snow in Dallas, esp the one in 2011 it was quite a bit!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with for this year.
    Those embroidered pillows are beautiful, and I love the DIY wig wreath! The tiny snowman is really cute.
    I hope you'll snap some shots of the decorations in the city. It would be fun to see how the holidays look in Singapore. =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I will surely post pics of "Christmas in Singapore".

      Delete
  3. Almost every year I craft the decorations myself :)
    I love the photos of the red berries covered in snow and the cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute snowman :-) And I love all the candles, they make everything look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIY Christmases are the best, I love your twig swag and paper snowflake! Handmade decorations always makes for a homey season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a big decision, but Singapore is a wonderful place! Actually we like it more here:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!