Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY Christmas - #1 : Christmas Banner and Star Garland

There is always some DIY in my every Christmas to make it more special! 
But his year I am having a total DIY Christmas!! Well I'll have to buy a few things, but I will try to make it as DIY as possible:)

The past weekend I finished a few things, today I am sharing two of those:

Merry Christmas Banner
It is simple to make and looks elegant with a rustic touch! I made mine with these materials, Mine is totally hand-made however it would be much easier to print or make with a stencil.






Materials Used:
  • Craft Paper Sheet
  • Markers - Red, Silver, White
  • Scissors
  • Small Round Hole Punch
  • Bakers Twine
  • Stencil (optional)
  • OR Simply Print it!





Origami Star Garland
These are so easy to make and they look so cute and fun! I made about 200 stars big + Small, and got two 12 ft garlands! I Made the stars while watching TV!

With these you cam make garlands, ornaments or just fill them up in jars. Use patterned paper to get different types of designs on them.

Materials Used:

  • Strips of Colored Paper (I used 1.5 cm X 28 cm strip cut from A4 size colored paper and half the width for small stars). You can use any type of colored, shiny paper. If it is too thick take small strips and if thin long strips of paper.
  • Scissors
  • Twine to thread


The Steps:

Make a knot in the strip like this, turn around and fold the small flap in cit the excess strip.
1
2

Turn around and start folding over the strip maintaining the pentagon shape.

3
4

Keep folding till the strip finishes.
5
6

7

8

In the end, fold the small flap in and cut off if there is any extra paper left.
9
10
Hold it and pinch, it will automatically pop, shape all the sides.
11
12
 Here is your Star!
13


Feel free to pin and share, if you like it:)
Let me know if you have any questions.
Also share if you have any DIYs for Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. I used to love making those stars! All my pencil cases at school were full of them haha. What a wonderful idea turning them into a garland. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember them learning in School too! But I never made so many to use for decoration! They are so much fun to make!

      Delete
  2. I've never made the stars before--looking forward to following your tutorial. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those stars! I have some pretty origami paper somewhere, if I manage to find it, I want to make some stars this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is that they don't have complex folds so you can use most types of paper! I used just the ordinary A4 size that is used for printing.

      Delete
  4. The star garland is so awesome, I love how festive it is! DIY Christmas is always so much cozier and memorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!