Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Feature - Soapstone Sculptures

This week I am featuring some amazing Soapstone Sculptures. All these are hand carved by my younger brother. He first started with clay, he has been making sculptures since he was 12. I love the detailing he does in these sculptures.

At present he is doing his Bachelor's degree in Architecture. But he likes making sculptures and miniatures!

I guess it is in the family, all three of us, like our hobbies more, after doing my PhD I am pursuing my passion by selling crafts on Etsy, my sister has Master's in Maths but she loves Crocheting and is about to open a shop on Etsy (thanks to you guys for the encouragement you gave on her belts feature).

Madonna...




Praying Hands...




Christ...




David...




11 comments:

  1. Those sculptures are incredible! Especially like the praying hands. Your family is so talented!
    Congrats to your sister for opening her Etsy shop - what's it called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duni:) She is making preps at present once she opens I'll post the update, her account is "byTheCrochetBug"

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these pieces are really great! You have one creative family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! Happy to hear your sister will open up a shop too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing!!! Your family is definitely very talented in so many ways. Thank you for sharing these with us. The detail is exquisite, and I hope he shares these with others. They are definitely gallery material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim:) I am also amazed by the fine detailing he does, folds in clothes, nails on hands etc and he has just started! He shares them with his friends. But I think he must try to showcase these to some art specific groups.

      Delete
  6. That is amazing, I am completely floored!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!