Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Feature - Phoebe Kellerman : BoxSet.Etsy.Com

Hello…
I’m Phoebe Kellerman and I am the owner/maker of the Shop BoxSet. I am also a Licensed Social Worker and a stay-at-home mom of an awesome & spunky 2.5 yr. old. As you can imagine, I need time to myself to recharge. (That’s where Etsy comes in), BoxSet.Etsy.com

My Craft…
I make Original Watercolor Paintings. I have been painting for years, but I just returned to Etsy after taking a break to have a family and go to Grad school. I’m so happy to be back on Etsy again.
Original 8x10" watercolor painting: Fall Pears

Original 11x14" Watercolor Painting: Macarons and Coffee

Original 8x10" Watercolor Painting: Artichokes

Original 8x10" Watercolor Painting: Pomegranates
My Inspiration…
I am most inspired by my love of cooking and food. I paint Still Life a lot because I think fruits and vegetables are so beautiful. I also gather inspiration from the awesome women in my life (my mother and my grandmother), which is why I paint lace, teacups, flowers, and other feminine themes. My father is also a huge supported of my creative endeavors.

My AHA Moment of being an Artist…
I have always loved painting and drawing for as long as I can remember. I do have a distinct impression that taking an adult education class when I was in Seventh grade was a turning point. I loved the challenging lessons they gave us and I haven’t stopped pushing myself to create since then. Art has always been a part of my life, and I’m just becoming brave enough to share it with everyone.

My Creative Sides are Ignited by…
Nap Time! Nap time is a beautiful thing. It’s the time during the day when everything is quiet and I can truly relax. I really look forward to those couple of hours during the day when I can paint and recharge.

My Masterpiece…
Original 8x10" Watercolor Painting: Fall Sunflowers.

Apart from Crafting…
I love to cook and talk about food! My family on my mom’s side are chefs, so we have a great time exchanging recipe tips and cooking together.

When I am busy Creating…
I love a light filled room and a slight breeze from the open window. I also like painting in a public place sometimes for a change of pace.

In Ten Years I Would be…
A parent of a teenager and I will hopefully still be painting frequently in order to help me get through life’s ups and downs.

Places to look for me...

Thanks for reading!

Click here to get Featured on this Blog

12 comments:

  1. I think her Paintings are simply beautiful!!
    Do visit her shop if you like her work too! Thanks for stopping by.
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone in advance..... I will be back NEXT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big thank you to The Art Bug for the beautiful feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most Welcome! It was a pleasure to feature your lovely work!

      Delete
  3. Great style, my favorites are the artichokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorful and filled with energy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her watercolours are lovely! I love the tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her work is beautiful! It's great that she has gotten back to painting and can use nap time as a crafty break :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I could see all those food paintings in my kitchen, and I love the one with the sunflowers. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think fruits and vegetables are beautiful, too! When sliced into, such interesting patterns and colors are revealed.
    lovely masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful watercolors! I love that Phoebe uses food often as a subject. It is such an important part of enjoying life so it is wonderful in artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the lovely comments everyone. I look forward to seeing what all of you create too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!