Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Crater Lake Oregon - Globetrotting Diaries

Continuing our “Oregon Road Trip” from last week… 
First of all the route to the lake was very scenic and beautiful, something that we had seen in movies or read in books, so dreamy! But that was nothing compared to the atmosphere at the “Crater Lake”. It was so Serene, Peaceful and Amazing that I have no words to describe…the deep blue still water, snow covered mountains and the calmness around it was unreal...

These two words are the closest- Heavenly Bliss!...



Here is a brief summary about it…
Crater Lake is a located in south-central Oregon. It is famous for its deep blue color and water clarity. The lake partly fills a nearly 2,148-foot (655 m)-deep caldera that was formed around 7,700 (± 150) years ago by the collapse of the volcano Mount Mazama. Human interaction is traceable back to the indigenous Native Americans witnessing the eruption of Mount Mazama. There are no rivers flowing into or out of the lake; the evaporation is compensated for by rain and snowfall at a rate such that the total amount of water is replaced every 250 years. At 1,943 feet (592 m), the lake is the deepest in the United States, and the seventh deepest in the world.
Crater Lake is also known for the "Old Man of the Lake", a full-sized tree which is now a stump that has been bobbing vertically in the lake for more than a century. The low temperature of the water has slowed the decomposition of the wood, hence the longevity of the bobbing tree.
Two islands are in Crater Lake; Wizard Island formed from a cinder cone that erupted after Crater Lake began to fill with water, and the smaller Phantom Ship has seven different trees living on it.


Now the pics from the beginning…

Wildflowers...

A lake on the way...

 Snow Capped Diamond peak...

 Switzerland???...

Scenic Road...

Climbing For Crater lake...

Snow, Snow, Snow...

Here Are More of the Beautiful Crater lake!...



One the Way Back...

More Snow...

Beaver!...

Blue sky Over Snow...

Have you visited Crater lake or any place that was something so Peaceful and Serene like it?

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! My husband went a few years ago without me, and I'm still trying to get over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not fair....You both must plan a trip together this time, the pics really tell only half the charm..you should visit it!

      Delete
  2. How amazing – such beautiful scenery...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I even like the name - Crater Lake! You got some really great shots. I love that there are islands...Beautiful! I'd love to visit there some day.
    I invite you to join us at Meet & Greet, if you haven't linked up with us yet:
    http://www.2justbyou.com/2013/09/meet-greet-blog-hop-44.html
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! You should definitely visit, the pictures tell just half the story. Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  4. The lake looks gorgeous, and I like those bright small flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely beautiful! I would love to make it out west some day to see some of these up close. Thanks for sharing!
    Stopping by from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Oregon is really beautiful, kinda reminds me of Alaska (from what I've seen in pics, never have been there). Hey, I appreciate you stopping by my blog, subbing and commenting. I've subbed you back. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Oregon is really beautiful, kinda reminds me of Alaska (from what I've seen in pics, never have been there). Hey, I appreciate you stopping by my blog, subbing and commenting. I've subbed you back. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Oregon is really beautiful, kinda reminds me of Alaska (from what I've seen in pics, never have been there). Hey, I appreciate you stopping by my blog, subbing and commenting. I've subbed you back. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Oregon and it looks beautiful! One day we'll have to take a road trip out west. All of the lake pictures look so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!