Monday, July 7, 2014

Indian Recipe - Lentil Pancakes



Ingredients:
Yellow Mung Lentil: 1/2 Cup
Water: As needed
Green Chilies Chopped: 1-2
Finely Chopped Onion: 1 Medium
Chopped Coriander: 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Seeds: 1 Tsp
Salt: To Taste
Olive Oil: As Needed

Method:

  1. Soak the lentils in water for about an hour.
  2. Drain and grind the lentils finely.
  3. Once done add water to the batter till it gets a smooth flowing consistency. Do not add too much water.
  4. Add all the other ingredients and mix well for a few minutes.
  5. Heat a little oil in a non stick pan for shallow frying, pour a large spoon full of batter to make a small pancake (about 4" in diameter).
  6. Fry well on both sides.
  7. Enjoy this easy to digest protein filled snack!

6 comments:

  1. never tried this lentil before ... but looks so delicious I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had these, but they look great! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lentil soup, so I guess I will like these too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I love lentils so I definitely need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...I've never seen a recipe like this before. This is a must-try. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!