Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Globetrotting Diaries - "The Niagara Falls"

Today I am going back to our trip to "The Niagara Falls". We visited them from the Canadian side. Well, words will fall short to describe the amazing beauty of the waterfalls! We literally stood staring at them just admiring and feeling dreamy:)

Here are a few cool facts about the Falls-
  • The Falls are located on the border of Ontario, Canada and New York, USA.
  • It is Visited by around 30 million people every year.
  • Three waterfalls - the American Falls, the Bridal Veil Falls and the Horseshoe Falls constitute Niagara Falls. The Horseshoe Falls are the largest and the Bridal Veil Falls the smallest. They combine to produce the highest flow rate of any waterfall on earth.
  • The largest vertical drop is over 165 feet (50 metres).
  • The Falls were created by glacier activity around 10000 years ago.
  • At the current rate of erosion, scientists believe that the Niagara Falls will be gone in around 50000 years!
  • In 2012 Nik Wallenda became the first person to cross the Niagara Falls by tightrope in 116 years. He did so after receiving permission from both the Canadian and United States governments, although he was required to carry his passport and present it on entry to the Canadian side of the falls.
  • The Niagara Falls State Park is the oldest state park in the United States (1885).
Text Source:

The Horseshoe Falls...

 Maid of the Mist Boat Ride...
 The Rainbow Bridge...
 The American Falls...
Night Light Show at the Falls...
Journey Behind the Falls...

The Whirlpool Aero Car ride over the Niagara River...


 The Whirlpool...

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place! My brother visited a few years ago and he told me it was an amazing experience, especially the boat ride :)
    Love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my mom, aunt and I went with a church group to Niagara Falls. I was too scared to go on the mist boat ride.
    Thanks for sharing the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing place to visit, thanks for letting me tag along through your photo's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be terrified if I had to drive over that bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love that these fall are a place we can share, Canadians and Americans :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great place, we are planning to go there too. Pretty pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I would love to visit Niagara Falls sometime. Your photos are awesome! I love that one showing the Night Light Show...I want to see that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!