Monday, March 10, 2014

Glazed Orange Cake

What I love most about this cake is the fresh fragrance which fills my mouth with water! I love the flavor and the rich texture and I'm sure you'll love it too! So here is the recipe.... 


Ingredients-
For the Cake- 
All purpose flour -1 ½ cups + 2 ½ Tablespoons
Eggs- 2
Butter - ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon
Sugar- ¾ cup + 1 Tablespoon
Milk - 1 Tablespoon
Grated Orange Zest - 2 Tablespoons
Orange Juice - 3 Tablespoons
Finely Chopped Orange Peels – 2 Tablespoons
Orange Essence – 1 Teaspoon
Orange Color – A few drops (Optional)
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
  
For the Orange Glaze-
Icing sugar - 1 Cup
Orange juice - 2 tablespoons Or as needed to make a thick paste
Orange Zest - 2 Tablespoons

Method-
  • Preheat the oven to 180°C/350° F.
  • Prepare a bread tin for baking by greasing and lining (I used 8X4 inches).
  • Mix Butter and Sugar until creamy.
  • Add the eggs and mix nicely.
  • Mix the baking powder with flour, add to the mixture and blend nicely.
  • Add orange peels, milk, orange juice, orange essence, color and zest.
  • Mix it for a few minutes. When ready pour into the baking pan.
  • Bake for 60 minutes or until done. Test with a toothpick.
  • Cool completely before taking it out from the pan to glaze.

Orange Glaze-
  • Mix icing sugar and orange juice to make a smooth but thick paste.
  • Pour the glaze over the cake and use a butter knife if needed to spread it evenly.
  • Decorate by sprinkling the zest over the glaze.



ENJOY!!

7 comments:

  1. Delicious! My mom used to make one just like it! It's been ages since I've made it...your post makes me want to go in the kitchen right now and bake one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's delicious! We went to brunch yesterday and some of us had orange glazed muffins that sound similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I will pin to try later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that looks soooo good! My mouth is watering just looking at your photos.

    Found you via the Etsy blog team :)

    Lesley
    my blog:
    http://vingt-neuf.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are making me feel so hungry, looks really yummy! I love anything with a bit of zest to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yum! I pinned it. I love citrus - my favorite is lemon flavor, but orange is just as tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks and sounds so yummy. perfect with a cuppa tea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!