Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Globetrotting Diaries: Batam, Indonesia

Last weekend we took a short 2-Day trip to Indonesia! We can actually see the island form our window across the sea!

We visited "Batam" a small Island in Indonesia, though there isn't much to do but it was still exciting to visit a new country and explore a new culture, the trip was basically more relaxed and chill kind. We took ferry which takes about  50 minutes to reach Indonesia.

We also did quite a bit of shopping, both local stuff and some authentic branded stuff which is really cheap there!!

Also to mention the currency there is Rupiah which is about: 1 Singapore Dollar = 10,000 Rupiah!!!
It was kind of interesting to buy biscuits for 80,000 Rupiah!
T-shirt for 170,000 Rupiah!
The smallest bill there is for 1000 Rupiah!

Anyways here are the pics...

Leaving Singapore...
 The Beach...
Colorful Shop Houses...



A Quiet Afternoon... 
 Local Restaurant...
 Local Chocolate Shop...


 We also saw a Local Show...

 Visited a Buddhist Temple...



 This is where we Stayed, Cruise shaped Pacific Palace Hotel!...


The rest of the Day was just Chilling, Shopping and Relaxing!

Looks like I have almost come to an end with my Globetrotting Series, as I have shared all my adventure (So far!) with you all, thanks for taking this journey with me!!

But as I said "almost"...there is still something remaining, and that is "Singapore". From next week I will start "The Singapore Series" and will take you all on a wonderful ride exploring this beautiful Country, the old the and the new, natural and man-made, historical and cultural.....so stay tuned:)

5 comments:

  1. I love the rows of colorful houses! I always think exchange rates like that are kind of funny, too. It feels like you're spending so much but it's really only a few dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to that island! The colourful houses look great :)
    Sounds like you had an awesome weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun trip! That chocolate shop makes me want to grab my passport and hop on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend getaway :) I love shopping local when I travel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been there, but it looks like a really nice place! And the photos are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!