Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Globetrotting Diaries: Downtown Dallas, Tx

Here is a glimpse of the Dallas downtown . Though we lived in Dallas for almost about three years, I thought it would be great to include it in my globetrotting series.
Both me and my hubby loved our stay in Texas!
A few Fun Facts about Dallas:
Source: http://www.visitdallas.com/about/stats/
  • The frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas
  • During the winter holiday season, the Galleria Dallas is home to the country's tallest indoor Christmas tree.
  • The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States.
  • Highland Park Village Shopping Center, developed in 1931 has the distinction of being the first planned shopping center in America.
  • The first convenience store, 7-eleven, got its start in Dallas and the corporation is headquartered there today.
  • A few celebrities from the area: Angie Harmon, Luke and Owen Wilson, Nastia Luikin, Lee Trevino, Norah Jones, Erykah Badu, Jessica Simpson
  • A few of the movies/TV series filmed in the area: Dallas; Silkwood; Places in the Heart; RoboCop; Born on the Fourth of July; Walker, Texas Ranger; Prison Break
  • The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is home to 23 of the richest Americans.

Here are the pics:
The View of Downtown from across Trinity....
Downtown at Night...

 Clock Tower...

 First Baptist Church Dallas, Established in 1868...
 City Views...



Full Moon Over the downtown...

 Grackles Settling Down...
Stay tuned for what else is there to explore!

4 comments:

  1. Glad I caught this! All the pics are familiar to me since I live in the DFW area! I've always loved the Reunion Tower all lit up at night -- my kids called it the "Downtown Ball" when they were little!
    Figures that the frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love Texas but have not had great experiences in Dallas. I would like to go back and visit the 6th Floor Museum sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!