Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Soaring above the Trees" - Globetrotting Diaries

"Hot Air Ballooning" was the adventure that me and my hubby planned  for the past weekend near Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

While driving somewhere I once saw a hot air balloon flying over us almost like a scene from a fairy-tale and that was when this thing stuck in  my mind!

So I finally convinced my hubby and though it was my idea... but as it came closer I was the one who was more scared. 

I  had a lot of apprehension...what if...this happens....that happens, I almost began to turn an adventure into a nightmare in my mind. 

Finally we met our Balloon "No Boundaries" and its Pilot Leslie Jeansonne, she has been flying balloons for about 20 years! Along with her was the wonderful "Chase Team" of her family and friends. To relax us a bit she told us what she says to all her riders...- look I like you, but I like me more and so I would never do anything to harm me!

Leslie's Team was amazing they did everything in just a few minutes...

The Team...

The Prep...


Inside the Rainbow...


Its Time to Fly Away...


And the time came for our sunset flight, the huge colorful balloon was ready and it was time to hop in the tiny basket and rise high up high in the air.

In just a few seconds we were high up in the air. And in a few seconds all my fear and apprehension also flew away!

We are Flying!...



And were floating peacefully above the tree tops, over the scenes form everyday life, and it was so surreal, peaceful & amazing, as if we really were in a fairy-tale...out of this world, something that we could only imagine. We watched kids playing, dogs running in backyards...and also barking at us! People were waiving and taking pictures of the balloon.

Scenes from everyday life...




We saw our reflection...


On top of the world...Complete Peacefulness...


The landing had a little hiccup...oh no nothing bad....just that my hubby accidentally pressed on the fire extinguisher and we were covered in white powder!!! We were scared for a second as we didn't realize what had happened...!

The Landing....



To my amazement my hubby who doesn't like climbing high building was not scared at all. We both loved it.
Will we do it again?.... well some things should be done Once in a lifetime...but you never know!

And thanks to or Pilot Leslie for this wonderful experience!




What did you do on labor day weekend? Have you ever done anything scary and adventurous or plan to do something like that? I would love to hear about it your comments.

6 comments:

  1. My ballooning adventure was 10 years ago in Taos, New Mexico over the Rio Grande. We saw the sunrise from high above the earth. It didn't seem like we were up so high until I looked at the photo I took from our balloon looking down at the other balloon in our group. It looked like an ant.

    thanks for bringing back a fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I'd love to go for a balloon ride and pretend to be the Wizard of Oz. ;D

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Dragon Statue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very scared of height, so I would never have such an amazing trip. I love your pictures, especially the one with the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! But I would have been a little scared too.
    I just went zip lining recently and was scared to death...but had a great time :)
    I love your reflection shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! I definitely want to do that some day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!