Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Natural Bridge Caverns Texas - Globetrotting Diaries

Natural Bridge Caverns is one of the largest caverns in Texas, the Limestone sediments are simply beautiful creations, something that I had only seen on TV. I was a bit scared to get into the damp dark narrow cave!!
But once we were inside I was so mesmerized by these beautiful and delicate stalactites and stalagmites formations that I forgot about my fear!


It was damp and cold inside. The temperature in the caverns is 70 degrees F (21 degrees C) all year round with a relative humidity of 99%. The structures are still growing so you are not supposed to touch them.

Here is a glimpse…

The Entrance...

The scariest part...

And here it begins...



The beautiful Needle like formations hanging from the roof of the cave...




The Columns...



The tallest column "Watch Tower" is 50 foot high...

Castle of the White Giants...

The Emerald lake...

The Fairy Castle...

Have you explored any caves?

8 comments:

  1. Wow! What captivating caverns.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Dragon Statue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fairy Castle really does look like a castle! How cool! I went into a cave for the first time this summer, it was really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of the fairy castle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are great! I've been to other caverns like this and they're so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is just breathtaking! I haven't been to caves since elementary school... and I have a similar fear of being in small dark spaces. But as long as I can stand up straight I will probably be ok! Nature is so just amazing isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must plan a trip again! Nature is simply amazing!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write your Comment/Feedback!